Saturday, October 2, 2010

As promised, but a little late.

Do to my washing machine breaking and me having a mountain of laundry and other stuff to do I did not post my tutorial when promised.  However, thanks to my friend Debbie I was able to make Genna (our winner) her headband last night.  We had such a fun girly and crafty night and we will have to do that again soon. 

So here is the tutorial for the headband.  Please ignore my attractive outfit.
First take a strip of fabric or ribbon.  I use fabric that I've torn to get the frayed look.  Snip it like the picture and then pull.  (You can't do this with stretchy material)




Then hot glue one end to the inside of one end of the headband.  Make sure to leave an overhang so you'll be able to fold it up at the end.  Then just wrap the rest around the headband to the other side.


At the end of the headband you will want to glue and wrap the headband about three times to secure the headband and create a large enough over hang to finish the edge.   Then just hot glue the overhang up toward the inside of the headband.  

     


To see how to make the flower check out this youtube video.  Hers are way better than mine, but it's all good.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DeMTEdjMX0&feature=rec-LGOUT-farside_rn-3r-14-HM


And this is the finished headband.  Thanks Deb for being my hot model.





1 comment: