Saturday, October 2, 2010

Finally a before and after

We needed a new nightstand, so I went to DI in search for something fun.

This is what I found.  


This is what it looked like when I was done.




My husband thought it was too girly.  His suggestion for making it more masculine was to put duck tape around one of the vases.  (he was joking)  So, I took this shirt of his that was stained.




And wrapped the design around a canvas and vuala! 




This is not a great picture.  I really want a new camera.



It's apparently still too girly.  Sometimes you just can't win.

3 comments:

  1. Is that the one you have been working on or a different one? It looks really good!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been working on a sewing desk. I did this one in a couple of hours. The sewing desk is still a work in progress. I have had some technical difficulties. Hopefully it will be done by next week. I have some other projects I'm working on too, so you'll probably see those first. Thanks. I went to DI yesterday and picked up some matching night stands because I thought Andrew didn't like this one and he was disappointed and informed me that he "really likes" this one. I was pleasantly surprised. So, I don't know what I'll do with the nightstands I am refinishing. I might sell them, or if I really like them I'll throw them in our storage unit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! We might buy your nightstands =D it depends...but we've been looking for new nightstands for forever!

    ReplyDelete