Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fabric covered canvases

The wall above my couch has been bare as long as I can remember.  We moved here a year ago with plans to move 4 months later, but obviously that didn't happen.  We will be here forever.  jk.  In an effort to find a spot for all my crafty stuff I decided to use some of it that has been stored away for the past year.  My mom gave me four canvases and some craft paint for this project she wanted me to do with my kids.  Well, that was several years ago and I have since had another child. I'm pretty sure I have OCD because I didn't want to do the project until I was done having kids (which might be now) and I have three kids and there are four canvases.  Anyway I did away with the craft project involving the kids and did fabric covered canvases instead.  One I already showed in this post that I did with an old T-shirt to make our nightstand more "manly" and the other three I did and hung above our couch.  So fun.  I picked up some remnant fabric from Walmart and already had all the other stuff.  So, it only cost me about a dollar.  I like it.  What do you think?



All you have to do is stretch the fabric as far as you can over the canvas and hot glue it to the back.  Then make the fabric flowers from this post and hot glue those on.  So fun and super easy.  Make some.

5 comments:

  1. I love it!! :D I am so going to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it and post pics to the facebook group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you definately needed to do the project that your Mom gave you originally.. but also.. jsut for fun, you need 3 or 6 more of these to make a grouping that will fill your wall and balance out the big-ness of the sofa and space... but the idea is pretty fab... keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree. These are WAY too small for the space, but I have a plan for that wall that needs to be executed that involves lots of pictures. Or maybe a different plan that involves four pictures. haha. I have to make up my mind and go for it, but I'm so fickle that this mini project was just easy to do. I have some other canvasses that I think I want to do the "MOM" project with. I will do it and post that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow! That's a really cool idea! I'm gonna have to STEAL it!! hahahaha!! Love the blog! Takes the thinking right out of the equation for me.. and you know I'm not good at thinking sometimes! ;)

    ReplyDelete