Sunday, October 24, 2010

Made from Scratch Sundays - Caramel Apples

Hello all! My name is Joelle (aka Kitchen Dweller), and I was asked by Jessica to share a delicious recipe with you. And boy, do I have a treat for you?...literally! Caramel apples! There is something so satisfying about a caramel apple in the fall.

Disclaimer: Before you view the following photos please note I do not profess to be a professional caramel apple decorator. I am more the type to just throw on the goodness because I will just be eating it right after the picture is taken. Am I alone in my thought process? I think not.


The first step in making caramel apples is unwrapping the dreaded little caramel squares...very time consuming....very rewarding.
Make sure you have all your topping laid out, because you will need to act quick when the caramel is hot.
 Melt the caramel and milk together on low heat.

 Place the apple in the caramel and use a spoon to cover the apple with caramel. (Wax paper was a terrible idea, I would just use a greased cookie sheet next time.)
 Cover with your favorite toppings.
 Slice and enjoy!

Ingredients:

4 granny smith apples
1 14 oz package caramels (I just bought bulk and used 47 pieces)
2 tbs milk
4 popsicle sticks (if you want to put them on sticks, I didn't)
any delicious toppings you desire

Directions:

1. Grease a cookie sheet. Melt caramels and milk on low, stirring constantly.

2. Once caramel is melted cover apples with the caramel and place on cookie sheet. Decorate wtih your favorite toppings.

If you like what you see here, come on over to www.itkwib.com and check out my other recipes and daily happenings!

1 comment: