Friday, July 29, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!

Ok, so today is my birthday.  I am 24 for the 4th year in a row.  I'm cool like that.  I'm really excited because my husband does a really good job of making sure my birthday is a me day.  Last year I went shopping BY MY SELF and got my hair did (Missy Elliot reference) and basically spent the day with me.

This year I woke up early with the kids and let my husband sleep in.  After all he was up ALL night baking me this cake and on every other day of the year he gets up with the kids in the morning, so it was the least I could do.  A couple of days ago I got my hair cut and last night I colored my hair.  Today I am going to get a pedicure and by this evening I will feel like a million bucks.  Just in time for my birthday dinner.

A long time ago Andrew and I attended a sushi making class.  I bought us the opportunity to learn how to make sushi from an amazing and well known sushi chef from Las Vegas.  I bought this experience from Groupon.  We went and it turned out that the chef was NOT a well renowned sushi chef from Las Vegas, but a white middle aged chef with a tv segment on a local news channel.  Not quite as impressive.  To say the least we were disappointed, but we did learn the basics of making sushi and had a fun time making it.  (Not so fun was having the TV chef yell at me multiple times for cutting the food wrong.  Have I mentioned I'm not a chef?)  Anyway, we have not yet had the opportunity to use our master sushi making skills, so when Andrew asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday I jumped at the opportunity.    So tonight we will have Sushi galore followed up by the third Harry Potter movie and some serious cake.  I'm so excited!

PS - We're having a Harry Potter marathon at my house and tonight is the third night, hence the third movie.  On the 8th night we'll go see the last movie, so if you've seen it don't spoil it.  I have read the books, but I totally can't remember most of it.

I think this picture is worth re-posting.  YUM!

3 comments: