Friday, July 22, 2011

Pinterest

I have a new addiction.  It is a website called Pinterest.  It's a big deal here in blog land and it makes me happy.  If you like this...

This is the Ultimate Smores Anniversary Cake.  It looks way too delicious for words. If you follow the link you will find the recipe at Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body.  I love her already!

and this...

 Is this not THE ULTIMATE KITCHEN?  It's perfect in every way except that it's not mine.  


and this...
 This chair is from the office makeover party at Back on Festive Road.  If I knew where to find it I would steal it.  
and this...


As if you aren't in love with Matthew Bomer!  Thank you GabrielGPhoto for the eye candy.  ;)

then you are the next Pinterest addict. What is Pinterest you ask?  It is a social networking/bookmarking site unlike any other.   If you are like me then you constantly have all these tabs up or windows open on your desktop of projects you want to do or articles you want to read or quotes you want to remember.  You know that if you simply bookmark them they will get lost in the hot mess that is your bookmarking folder, so you leave it open on your desktop until the power goes out or until your kids decide it would be fun to press the glowing computer button.  So, if you're like me, which not many people are because I'm sort of nuts, this is a miracle website.  It allows you to create your own "pin boards" and "pin"  your interests to them.  Hence the name Pinterest.  haha.  It saves those websites with the picture of your choice so that it's easy for you to find what you're looking for in the future.  The best part is that you can follow your friends interests and get WAY more great ideas from them than you could get just on your own.  I downloaded the pinterest button in my tool bar to make it super easy to pin stuff that I love.  Are you intrigued yet?  If not, I'm not really sure why you follow my blog.  This is seriously better than Christmas morning for me.  You should all join Pinterest and if you "like" the painted dresser on facebook and send me your email via private message I will send you an invitation to join Pinterest.  That's right, it's invitation only.  You'll be in the cool club.  Who needs Google+ when you could be invited to Pinterest.  haha.  You could also request an invitation from them which is what I did.  I was not invited into the cool club.  I had to force myself in.  Don't take the road I did.  It was sad and lonely.  Ok, I'm rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment