Saturday, July 23, 2011

Chair Make Over/One year photo shoot

Not too long ago I was driving down main street in Springville, UT when I drove by a garage sale. I am not a super garage saler, but if I had the ability to wake up at the crack of dawn I would be. I LOVE Garage sales. Well, it was around noon and usually all the good stuff is gone by then, but I saw this old vintage chair as I drove by, so I made my husband turn around, so I could go buy it. She wanted $5 for it, so I bought it. It probably wasn't really worth five bucks because it was SO ugly. It was one of those half plastic, half metal, vinyl seat chairs. It was a little rusted, but otherwise (haha)it was in great shape and besides I was in love. After some primer, some aluminum paint and some aqua zebra print fabric (and a cute baby girl) I now have this amazing desk chair/photo prop.

Look at that cute baby!  She's all mine!  You have kind of a crappy angle as far as the chair is concerned because you can see how NOT good I am at hot gluing fabric to ply wood.  That's right I said hot glue because that's how I roll.

This one is my favorite.  I have it framed and hung and everything.

I love this baby's smile.
Such a pretty girl.  I painted and distressed this little rocking chair too.  You can't really tell, but I posted about it  here.
She wasn't quite sure, but she got into it.
And then she was done and crawling away.


This was Riley's one year photo shoot.  After having three kids we have enough toys and clothes so we were wondering what to get her for her birthday.  We decided on her very own photo shoot and we all loved how it turned out.  Special thanks to Erica from Eyes Wide Open Photography for these wonderful images of my baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment