Monday, August 8, 2011

Another nice try

I bought this night stand from DI for $5 and I thought I could revive it.  Why do I think that?  Hopefully I have gotten over this need to save poor sad furniture.  I took it home and decided I would turn it into a night stand that has one drawer and a basket underneath.

So I sanded and primed and painted and WHAT THE HECK?  The nightstand was swelling.  So, I sanded and sanded and sanded and put wood putty on top and primed and painted and STILL, it was swelling, (This is the short version of events.  I tried about one thousand times to make it work)  So I changed my mind about the plan.  It was around Christmas time, so I decided to make a kids kitchen similar to this one over at The land of oz.



So we got to work.  We ran into a lot of snags, but we got it done on Christmas eve.  The kids were so excited the next morning.  They wanted to play with it right away.  And... thirty seconds later it broke.  Pretty much everything broke on it, so we set it aside saying we'd fix it, but here we are in August and we haven't fixed it yet.  Do you think it will happen?  Probably not.





Another glorious moment in parenting documented for all to see.  My poor children.  Just so you know my children are not toyless.  On the contrary they have way too many toys.  Feel free to share your own parenting mishaps, so I will feel better about my failures.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I was going to do the same thing with a nightstand for my kids so that's really funny.... I wouldn't count that as a failure either-how many moms actually make their kids fun things to play with? You're a great mom for even doing this in the first place!

    ReplyDelete