Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bunting Banner

I made a fun bunting banner for my husband's college graduation party.  It was kind of a pain, but It turned out so totally cute and I love it.

Supplies
Old book or awesome scrapbook paper
hot glue
ribbon
ink(optional)

Step 1:  Cut out your flags. Depending on what you want your banner to say, if anything, will determine how many flags to cut. I found out it's easiest to do this by folding the paper in half to make a square and then folding it in half again, but the other direction and cutting it from one corner to the other.  I know this makes no sense without looking at the picture, so just look at the picture.




They should look like this when you're done.



Step 2 (Optional):Antique them.  You can buy distressing ink, but I'm cheap and just bought some regular "brown" ink. It looks kind of orange to me.


Step 3:  Stamp your letters on or glue chip board/paper letters on where you want them.




Step 4:  Hot glue the flags to the ribbon

First add hot glue to the crease of your flag.  Then press ribbon on top.
Next add hot glue on top of the ribbon and press flag down.
Next glue the tips of your flag together.

Do step 4 a lot.


Step 5:  Hot glue ends of the ribbon back to make loops.  Be careful not to close off the ribbon.



Step 6.  Hang it up and enjoy your handy work.



No comments:

Post a Comment