Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lamp Shade make over

I know lamp shades aren't SUPER expensive, but if I can do it myself for cheaper I will.  A while back I found a lamp and a lamp shade at DI for $3 each.  The lamp was a fair price, but the shade wasn't worth a dime, so I talked to a worker and she said I could have both for $3.  YAY!  Here's the before pic.


I haven't gotten around to changing up the lamp, but on a recent trip to Hobby Lobby I found a lamp shade that I thought would go perfectly in Riley's room.  I have no idea how much it was because I knew I could do it for less than five bucks.  And unfortunately I couldn't find a pic of it online.  BLAST!

Here's how I did it...

First I hot glued a piece of fabric around the outside of the shade.  Then I made a bunch of these fabric flowers without the burning.  Then I twisted the ends of the flowers and hot glued them onto the lamp shade.  What do you think?  Super easy, but quite time consuming.  I used about One and a half yards of fabric.












I think it'll look really great in her room, but I will be putting the shade on the other lamp after it's done.   Her dresser should be done by next week, so I should be able to show it in it's rightful place soon.


3 comments:

  1. um... you really need to get out of my head because you keep doing all the things I have planned to do once we move :) Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, well I'll do them and then you will know exactly what to do when you move. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica, it's "Ms. Alisha" (Madison's pre-k teacher). I stumbled upon your blog in my attempt to de-activate the classroom one... but I'm glad I did! You have some very cool things on here, and I realized I never got your Etsy shop (which I would love still BTW)!

    I hope Madison is enjoying kindergarten, I will definitely NEVER forget her! ;) Tell her I miss her for me!

    ReplyDelete